- What organization is collecting your information?
- Passive information collection
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information?
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information?
- How you can access, update, or delete your information
- Official terms and conditions
- Information related to minors
- Your California privacy rights
The Principles for Investment in Sustainable Fisheries is an effort established to ensure that the wild-caught fisheries projects and companies that they finance or support perform in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. We are responsible for any information collected on our Sites.
As you navigate the Sites, certain information may be collected passively, meaning it is gathered without you actively providing it, as described below:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Sites through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Sites. In addition, your device may allow us to collect certain weather-related information, such as the exact barometric pressure where you are located.
- recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Sites easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Sites;
- gather statistical information about use of the Sites in order to continually improve the design and functionality of the Sites, understand how individuals use the Sites, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Sites;
- select which of our advertisements are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Sites and on other websites, applications, and online services that you use; and
- track consumer responses to online advertisements.
- to learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using monitoring tools: The Sites may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Sites and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about Site usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Sites and e-mail recipients.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Analytic tools: We also use tools and third party services to collect information about usage of the Sites, including Google Analytics. You can learn more about Google Analytics, and its privacy practices, at the Google Analytics Help Page. Generally speaking, Google Analytics collects information on how often users visit the Sites, what aspects of the Sites they visit when they do so, and what other websites users visited prior to accessing the Sites. The Sites make use of Google Analytics services for Demographics and Interest Reporting as well as Display Advertising features, including Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising or customize Google Display Network ads through the Google Ads Settings page. You may also prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you are uncomfortable with the idea of this information being collected and used in these ways, most computer systems, devices, and web browsers offer privacy settings and options, such as disabling cookies, resetting your IDFA, and opting for “Do Not Track” features. For the avoidance of doubt, “ad blocking” services and applications are not always effective and should not be relied upon for the purpose of preventing information from being collected and used. We do not override these settings or options and encourage you to use them to enhance your choices and personalize your experiences. However, in order to access certain content, features, services, products, or benefits of the Sites, you may be required to provide us with certain information. If you do not wish to provide that information through the Sites or if you opt to utilize the aforementioned privacy features, you may be unable to obtain certain content, features, services, or benefits of the Sites. Note that changing these settings will not prevent you from seeing advertisements and offers, but those advertisements and offers may not be tailored to your interests and needs.
3. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use, and distribution of your personally-identifiable information?
If you wish to opt-out of participating in Interest Based Advertising, you can use some or all of the following methods:
- Visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices (for web-based advertising), and http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices (for mobile advertising);
- For mobile advertising, use your phone operating system’s opt-out setting. For instructions on how to “Limit Ad Tracking” on iOS, please visit this Apple Support Document. For instructions on how to opt out of interest-based ads on Android, please visit these instructions
If you use more than one device, you should renew your opt-out choices on each such device.
4. What kind of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personally identifying information?
We take commercially reasonable precautions to protect us and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold.
We take care to utilize appropriate and reasonable administrative, physical, and technical measures to help safeguard personally identifiable information that we control. While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers on which we store personally identifiable information and process credit card donations and updates to monthly billing are kept in a secure environment. We also use “anti-hacking” security measures and employ security consultants.
Despite the efforts we use to protect your information, no transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your use of the Services or engagement with us is no longer secure, please contact us immediately.
Please contact us to obtain, change, update or delete our records of your personal information, or to change your privacy options.
Should our practices change, this notice will be immediately updated.
- Disclaimer. We do our very best to make all our information accurate. But we do not and cannot guarantee its accuracy. This means that if you rely on it, you cannot hold us at fault for any inaccuracies.Legalese version: Principles for Investment in Sustainable Fisheries and its affiliates make no warranties, express or implied, about the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any of the information it provides to the public.
- Changes without notice. We may change any part of this policy, without any separate notice to users. The current policy will always be posted here. We will not change the overall purpose of this policy.
The Sites are not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
If you are a California resident, you are entitled by law to request an information sharing disclosure. If you provide notice to the address below, we will provide you with a notice of your right to prevent sharing of your personal information as well as a cost-free means of doing so. To receive such a notice, please contact us.